Are cigarettes producing less smoke than some years ago?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Are cigarettes producing less smoke than some years ago?

Post by Fran on Sun May 26, 2013 8:21 pm

Are cigarettes producing less smoke than some years ago? Or it is just my imagination?

Not only actual smoking girls smoke weaklier than years ago, but on the last models auditions or even working with heavy smokers (like recently Alazne... 2 days ago), I see that the volume of smoke exhaled by a heavy smoking model is weaker than years ago, even when performing multiple drags under a heavily backlighted scenario.

It is this pehaps my imagination? or I'm blaming to modern cigarettes a fault in the camera settings?

Can someone compare the density of the smoke by comparing videos from the 90s to the videos produced nowadays?

Fran
Admin

View user profile http://www.smokingsweeties.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Are cigarettes producing less smoke than some years ago?

Post by Radioactive Toy on Sun May 26, 2013 10:52 pm

Could it have to do with switching from film to I'm assuming digital? maybe some of the distortion from film that created an illusion of more smoke?

Radioactive Toy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by smurf on Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:12 pm

I don't think so. Your models exhale large amounts of smoke. In my opinion, 90s' producers used mirrors and other special effects.

smurf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Eleuthero on Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:04 pm

A couple of observations.  I've noticed on other fetish sites that with the most high tech equipment, the angle of exhale is CRUCIAL.  If it's a level side profile and the exhale is straight ahead or toward the camera smoke visibility is fabulous.  If the exhale is 5 degrees away from the camera you'd see much, much more if you were there in person.  High tech giveth and high tech taketh away.

Some producers use tricks like blowback fans so that exhaling models are blowing into an EXISTING cloud of smoke which creates the illusion that more smoke is being exhaled than actually is.  

Another trick which hugely increases the appearance of smoke is the model sitting at a downward angle from the camera blowing her exhales right into bright sunshine.  But the model must be seated in the dark half of the room blowing towards the sunshine.

Finally, if the background into which exhales are being blown is a nighttime background with electric lights (much less blue than the sun), smoke visibility will never be very good if the smoke is traveling across light-colored furniture or clothing.  Shoots in electrically lit rooms will only show exhales well if the background is dark.  An example:  In Mireya's most recent video, there is a scene where she's wearing white and sitting in a white chair.  Unless she leans forward exposing the dark background elsewhere in the room, her exhales look very weak and, of course, we know her exhales are spectacular.

I guess it's this simple:  Blowing smoke FROM the dark INTO sunlight or outside light exposes smoke.  Blowing smoke against a dark background in electrically lit rooms exposes smoke.  Light-colored backgrounds in electrically lit rooms cause poor smoke visibility.  Smoke blown at the wrong angle decays visibility ... "wrong" is highly variable but most scenes with most models where they are lying down and the camera angle is 45 degrees to the smoke seems to result in near-invisibility of smoke.  

I think cigarettes make as much smoke as they always have.

Eleuthero

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum