Site and download speed slow

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Site and download speed slow

Post by jonjor on Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:16 am

Hey Fran!

Your site is insanely slow today, and when I finally was able to start my download I only got 1KB/s, server problems?

JJ

jonjor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Site and download speed slow

Post by jonjor on Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:36 am

It's working fine again now.

jonjor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin1 on Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:10 pm

I've the clue that at that time I was uploading to the server the next video to come. I started around 12:00 AM (GMT time) and i guess it finished around 4:00 AM. I don't know if this fact may affect to the download speed of the server as I upload new files. In 2 years I've hosted the site in 3 different host servers, and I always had problems depending of the location. In example when it was slow to me in Spain, it was fast for another person located in Germany... Speed problems are related normally to the route traced from the serve to your computer, and bottlenecks doesn't usually come from the srver itself, but maybe it was the case yesterday as I was uploading some new videos.

In overall, with our actual host I don't receive many complaints about speed as I received before with the other 2 servers, so if something still works I'll not try to fix it. I'm not an expert about servers, but I can't afford to pay or hire a VPS or dedicated server for the website.
Admin1
Admin

View user profile http://www.smokingsweeties.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jonjor on Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:22 pm

I tried first at about 10:00 GMT and then again an hour later. It might be your upload, although I find that strange. There are a number of possible problems, everything was fine at my end though. I have a 15Mbit fiberoptic line and every other site I tried from Australia, to Island worked fine.

Everything is okay no tough, and I have not experienced anything like this before so let's hope it was a one time thing. Your site is actually one of very few where I actually get up to 15Mbit/s on a download, which is great.

jonjor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jpg143ak on Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:05 am

It might be server problem. It will get ready after the problem is solved. Coperate with it

jpg143ak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin1 on Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:19 am

Is thewre anybody else having problems with the server? I tweaked the server for an optimal performance. some weeks ago and nobody reported a problem.
Admin1
Admin

View user profile http://www.smokingsweeties.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum