The girls should speak their native language

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The girls should speak their native language

Post by blankdvd on Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:12 pm

Hello,
I have been buying a few videos during the last few months, and I'm impressed by the quality. I guess I'll just start buying galleries regularly since it's the best way to avoid getting poor. Wink

I have however a suggestion: most of the models seem to be a little uneasy speaking English. This is not really a problem, but I find that it sort of takes away from the experience, as it makes it appear somewhat 'staged' and a little sluggish.

It would be probably better if the girls could just speak their native language (castillan spanish, catalan - as Maite does -, or whatever), and then add english subtitles. I am talking about hard subtitling directly in the frame, not separate files to be loaded through the player or anything like that.

The feeling of sluggishness is especially strong when more than one girl is involved: the conversation in their mother tongue would be much more realistic. After all, think about it: catalan girls don't speak english to one another; they use either catalan or spanish!

Advantages:
1. the models would be more relaxed and natural
2. they would be able to go into more detail about their smoking history and experience
3. viewers might even learn/improve their knowledge of spanish and/or catalan

Disadvantages:
1. viewers would have to read (but think about the better experience overall)
2. the editor would have to spend a bit more time during the editing (not that much anyway; superfluous talking might be left as an exercise to the viewer)

Just my two cents! Smile

blankdvd

Back to top Go down

Re: The girls should speak their native language

Post by Admin1 on Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:57 pm

Thanks for your opinion. I totally agree that many models have problems talking in English,

I have avoid filming pretty outstanding models because they both were not talking English and their smoking style was nothing special, the combination of both things are a no-no for my videos, apart of how cool and pretty looks a model.

Following the topic, I agree that many models loose the naturality when they have to talk in english, and I love the spontaneous candid answer that they can only give when they talk their own language.

To edit subtitles on a video is a hard job, a videoeditor can take around 2-3 hours to subtitle 10 minutes, and normally our videos are 20 minute long. This have a high extra cost per video, and with the actual number of sales it will not be worth to do it. I mean that I'll prefeer to film an english model instead.

I'll love to hear the opinions of other customers to know if it is really worth to go onto subtitiles with native languages, or better to let our models to talk in a language who we all understand... Some customers found their accent really exotic

opinions are welcomed...
Admin1
Admin

View user profile http://www.smokingsweeties.com

Back to top Go down

Post by blankdvd on Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:56 pm

I use Final Cut for Mac to edit all our videos!!!! If you know the name of the plugin for subtitles I'll be very happy. BTW I will talk with my videoeditors about an easy way to make the subtitles

blankdvd

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin1 on Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:05 pm

blankdvd wrote:I use Final Cut for Mac to edit all our videos!!!! If you know the name of the plugin for subtitles I'll be very happy. BTW I will talk with my videoeditors about an easy way to make the subtitles

I use Final Cut for Mac to edit all our videos!!!! If you know the name of the plugin for subtitles I'll be very happy. BTW I will talk with my videoeditors about an easy way to make the subtitles
Admin1
Admin

View user profile http://www.smokingsweeties.com

Back to top Go down

Post by blankdvd on Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:19 am

you made a little mess with my post huh? lol

i'm still waiting for my friend to answer, but i found a solution that might just work. it involves an extra step but it can be done with free/donationware software.
is there an email address i can contact you at to tell you the details? or you can email me; i'm the one who placed the order 090717-214611-6422.

blankdvd

Back to top Go down

Post by skbref1 on Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:42 pm

Do you want a serious attempt to do a German accent, or someone trying to be funny (making fun of a German accent)? For the latter, Hugh Laurie played a German spy in the Black Adder series

skbref1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top